Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mantra Swirl

For this month's Greatcakes Soapworks Soap Challenge Club we tackled the Mantra Swirl. I tried this swirl a few months ago; didn't get the swirl part at all. So I was glad to join with over a hundred other soapers worldwide who were eager to learn this technique as well.

I didn't get many pictures of the process. I used my cocoa butter recipe. A slower moving recipe probably would have been a good thing as I would have had more time to work through the process (not to mention stop to take a few pictures) but I do love this recipe.

I was so pleased with the outcome here that I had to celebrate with some glitter on top! I scented this with bamboo and white grapefruit.


Overall, I'm pleased with the final results. Next time I think I'll use a thinner line of colour in the middle.



17 comments:

  1. Wow I seriously love your color choices! I think I need some glitter, all the cool kids seem to be using that these days. :)
    Bamboo and white grapefruit scent complement the colors perfectly. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glitter always adds extra happy!! :-)

      Delete
  2. I like your colors, very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool-very pretty! Colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, really like this! Beautiful colours and your swirl turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty swirls. Did you use natural colorants in this soap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These are not natural colourants - they are fizzy lemonade and tangerine wow from brambleberry and chromium green oxide.

      Delete
  6. The green in the centre is beautiful. Really lovely swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! This soap looks like a energizing way to start the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mantra swirl! I adore your color choice.

    Maitri
    http://maitribathbody.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! I love your colors and your swirls came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your color choices. So harmonious and soothing!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, Eileen!! You did get a lot of movement even with a faster tracing recipe - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are absolutely stunning in your mantra swirl -- so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely : colors, scent and swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your colors are very nice, and the scent,oh how I would love to smell that.

    ReplyDelete