Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dandelion Swirl Challenge

It's been a few months since I've been able to take part in Amy's soap challenges at Greatcakes Soapworks. This month's challenge was the Dandelion Swirl - a pretty cool technique if you ask me. I purchased some new micas from Two Blooms Aromatics a while ago and what a perfect opportunity to try all three of them.
Fresh in the mold.
For the swirl I used Apple Martini, Hot Pink and Peacock Blue Micas from Two Blooms. I didn't want a bright white for the base so I added just a touch of Tangerine WOW from Brambleberry; think I should have added a touch more. I scented is with a combination of Raspberry fragrance oil and Peppermint essential oil. I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with that scent combo but I really like it.
Love that moment when the soap log is just cut!

Do you see the kissing dolphins??

Raspberry Mint Dandelion Swirl


11 comments:

  1. That is lovely! It came out great--especially the kissing dolphin bars. (I love finding pictures in soap.) Cool top, too; I like the fern/leaf look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love your choice for colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back to the challenge, Eileen! I'm not sure which part I like more - the inside swirl or the top swirl! Both turned out really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soaps! I love the colors. How funny that you have kissing dolphins! I have kissing whales! :)
    http://fivemessybabies.com/2013/10/15/dandelion-zebra-swirl-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color combo and I love your finished top

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice swirl! <3

    Victoria
    http://maitribathbody.com

    ReplyDelete